Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday, Septemer 12, 2009

Today the team met with local pastors from seven churches in the region. The pastors traveled to Glazoue from  Djegbe, Ouesse, Savalou, Longbondjin, Fifadji, Antadji and met at the Glazoue church.

There was a great time os sharing from each of the churches identifying how we can help these belivers reach out to the local people and share Christ.

The team and the pastors worked about four hours listing all opportunities available and discussing the best schedule to coincide with the school calendar and the best weather conditions.

Now up to 114 mechanical/flat tire vehicles and 43 accidents - We only drove about 2 miles today!

1 comment:

  1. I am so encouraged to hear how the Lord is working with you and through you to fulfill His kingdom! How exciting it is to know that one day we shall meet these people that we are praying for in Heaven's courtyards!

    I have been reading through the book of Genesis and have come upon a verse that I think has a lot to do with missions, indirectly. God is speaking to Jacob who has just heard that his son Joseph is alive and living in Egypt. Being very old, Jacob is worried about moving to a new country- he knows that the journey to get there will be long and often hard. But God comes to comfort him saying, "I am God, the God of your father... Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you to a great nation there. I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again..." Genesis 46:3-4a. Upon reading this I did not understand why God had laid it on my heart, because it didn't seem to have anything to do with missions. But as I thought about it I realized that God was saying, "Do not be afraid to go where I send you, for I will go with you wherever I send you to go."

    Always praying, Lauren

    ReplyDelete